Entry Fee $30.00
SUPERINTENDENT: AMBER KILLEEN
ASST. SUPERINTENDENTS: JULIA BRIDGES
Download using the PDF icon at the top of the page
****Rabbit Show is Meat Pens Only
1. All the Harvest Festival General rules apply to the rabbit show.
2. A signed validation form, “Livestock Exhibition Policy” form, and entry form must be completed and turned in as per general rules.
3. All rabbits must be owned and cared for by the exhibitor 30 days prior to the judging. A.R.B.A guidelines will be used to judge meat pens, EXCEPT missing toenails…this will not be a DQ. If a disqualification occurs, one (1) replacement from the exhibitor’s pen will be allowed.
4. Scales will be available on Wednesday, October 25, 2023 from 6:30 a.m. – 8:00 a.m. for exhibitors to unofficially check weights on their rabbits. Official check-in/weigh-in will begin at 8 a.m. where exhibitor will present three (3) rabbits for sifting. At weigh-in, each rabbit will be weighed individually as per ARBA rules and will be weighed one time only. Minimum weight is 3.5 LBS., maximum weight is 5.5 lbs. (Tolerance of 1 oz. is allowed-rabbits weighing more than 5 lb. 9oz. or under 3 lb. 7 oz. are disqualified.) If a rabbit does not meet weight qualifications or is disqualified, one (1) substitute from the exhibitor’s pen will be allowed. Entries with three qualifying rabbits will be given an ear/pen number and will be called back later for judging. All rabbits that will not be shown (extras or disqualified entries) must be removed from inside the show grounds (fenced area) before judging starts.
5. Exhibitors must furnish feed and water containers AS WELL AS PENS for their entries. HARVEST FESTIVAL WILL NOT PROVIDE PENS FOR EXHIBITORS.
6. Exhibitors may enter no more than two (2) meat pens. Meat pens shall consist of three rabbits, all of the same breed and variety. Broken meat pens must also be of the same variety. A meat pen does not have to come from the same litter. Meat pen rabbits should not be over 12 weeks old.
7. Only one rabbit entry per exhibitor may be sold at the auction.
8. The exhibitor or a representative must be present to place rabbits on the table for judging. If the meat pen is not brought to the table after being called it will not be judged.
9. Live rabbits are sold at the auction (Grand & Reserve Champions) and the exhibitor whose name appears on the entry form must be there to take their rabbits through the auction (unless a substitute is approved by the rabbit superintendent).
10. All rabbits will be released after the judging. It will be the responsibility of the exhibitor if he/she makes the sale to get rabbits to the sale. Any rabbits left after 6:00 pm the day of the show become property of the Harvest Festival. When you sign the entry form, the exhibitor agrees to this.
11. Any exhibitor ineligible to sell at auction is also ineligible to show.
12. APPROXIMATELY 50 PENS WILL BE KEPT FOR THE FINAL JUDGING. WE WILL GO THROUGH A SIFTING PROCESS, AND WILL SIFT ALL BUT 50 PENS OF RABBITS. IF YOU ARE SIFTED YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO REMOVE YOUR RABBITS FROM THE SHOW AREA IMMEDIATELY.
13. All harvest festival rabbits will be tattooed by the rabbit validation committee at the scheduled validation time and place. Rabbits must have the “unique” tattoo from validation at the show to compete. If rabbits are tattooed prior to validation, the exhibitor’s family or AST/CEA must have personally contacted the rabbit superintendent to secure their tattoo number(s) to prevent duplications.
14. Rabbits may be validated in the name of two or more exhibitors if the following criteria is met: A) They are siblings, stepsiblings, or legally adopted. If siblings have a different last name, it must be noted on the validation form. B) All listed are bona fide junior exhibitors and eligible to show as junior exhibitors as stated in the general rules. C) All permanently reside in the same household.
SCHEDULE OF AWARDS:
PLACING – RIBBONS
GRAND CHAMPION – TROPHY BUCKLE
RESERVE CHAMPION – TROPHY BUCKLE
SHOWMANSHIP (3 DIVISIONS)- TROPHY BUCKLE