SWINE DIVISION RULES 2017
Entry Fee $20.00 per head
SUPERINTENDENT: Shannon McKenzie Fell
ASST. SUPERINTENDENT: Doug Montgomery
Judge: Mike Fischer
1. All exhibitors in this division shall be subject to the general rules as published in this catalog, and in addition, the following special rules.
2. All exhibitors must clean their stall and pen area and refuse deposited at designated areas before being released…failure to comply may cause forfeiture of awards.
JUNIOR MARKET SWINE SHOW – SPECIAL RULES
1. Each exhibitor is entitled to enter two (2) Market Swine. (Barrows or open gilts are eligible). Market Swine may be either purebred or grade. The exhibitors must have owned their Market Swine prior to August 1, 2017 and Market Swine shall have been fed and cared for exclusively by the contestant during the period from August 1 to the date of the show as certified by the County Agent or Vo-Ag Instructor on the entry card.
A SWINE VALIDATION FORM SHOWING A RECORD OF HOG EAR NOTCHES WILL BE REQUIRED TO BE SUBMITTED BY AUGUST 10, 2017 TO THE GREGG COUNTY EXTENSION OFFICE.
2. All breeds will be shown together with a minimum weight of 220 pounds and a maximum weight of 280 pounds with a 5 pound tolerance. The Swine Superintendent will break the Market Swine into classes by weight. Hogs will be weighed on electronic scales and there will be a 5 pound tolerance.
3. All animals will be ear tagged at weighing by the direction of the Swine Superintendent. All exhibitors are responsible for maintaining animal’s identification.
4. Hogs may be stalled 2 per pen. Exhibitor is responsible for providing pen divider and shavings.
5. Each exhibitor is eligible to sell one Market Swine placed in the sale order by the Swine Judge. A maximum of 40 Market Swine will sell.
6. Showmanship: To participate in the Showmanship Class the animal must be owned by the exhibitor and shown in the regular show prior to Showmanship Class. Showmanship will be divided into three divisions: Junior 8-11 years, Intermediate 12-14 years, and Senior 15 & Up.
SCHEDULE OF AWARDS:
PLACING – RIBBONS
GRAND CHAMPION – TROPHY BUCKLE
RESERVE CHAMPION – TROPHY BUCKLE