SWINE DIVISION RULES 2019
Entry Fee $20.00 per head
SUPERINTENDENT: Shannon McKenzie Fell
ASST. SUPERINTENDENT: Doug Montgomery
Download using the PDF icon at the top of the page
- All exhibitors in this division shall be subject to the general rules as printed, and in addition, the following special rules.
2. All exhibitors must clean their stall and pen area and refuse deposited at designated areas before being released…failure to comply may cause forfeiture of awards.
JUNIOR MARKET SWINE SHOW – SPECIAL RULES
1. Each exhibitor is entitled to enter two (2) Market Swine. (Barrows or open gilts are eligible). Market Swine may be either purebred or grade. The exhibitors must have owned their Market Swine prior to August 1, 2019 and Market Swine shall have been fed and cared for exclusively by the contestant during the period from August 1 to the date of the show as certified by the CEA/AST on the entry card.
A SWINE VALIDATION FORM SHOWING A RECORD OF HOG EAR NOTCHES WILL BE REQUIRED TO BE POSTMARKED OR HAND DELIVERED BY AUGUST 10, 2019 TO 904 N. Sixth Street, Longview, TX 75601 (BODACIOUS Bar-B-Q).
2. All breeds will be shown together with a minimum weight of 220 pounds and a maximum weight of 280 pounds with a 5 pound tolerance. Once an animal receives an official
legal weight, they cannot be re-weighed. The Swine Superintendent will break the Market Swine into classes by weight. Hogs will be weighed on electronic scales.
3. All swine entered online will be assigned ear tag numbers and CEA/AST will be responsible for tagging swine prior to arrival at the fairgrounds. All exhibitors are responsible for maintaining animal’s identification.
4. Hogs may be stalled 2 per pen. Exhibitor is responsible for providing pen divider and shavings.
5. Each exhibitor is eligible to sell one (1) Market Swine placed in the sale order by the Swine Judge. A maximum of 40 Market Swine will sell.
6. Showmanship: To participate in the Showmanship Class the animal must be owned by the exhibitor and shown in the regular show prior to Showmanship Class. Showmanship will be divided into three divisions: Junior 8-11 years, Intermediate 12-14 years, and Senior 15 & Up.
SCHEDULE OF AWARDS:
PLACING – RIBBONS
GRAND CHAMPION – TROPHY BUCKLE
RESERVE CHAMPION – TROPHY BUCKLE
SHOWMANSHIP- TROPHY BUCKLE