RABBIT RULES 2017
Entry Fee $15.00
SUPERINTENDENT: KRISTIN PIEPER
ASST. SUPERINTENDENT: AMBER KILLEEN
JUDGE: DON MERSIOVSKY
****THERE WILL BE NO FRYER SHOW IN 2017.
1. All the Harvest Festival General rules apply to the rabbit show.
2. Entries must be complete and turned in as per general rules.
3. All rabbits must be owned and cared for by the exhibitor 30 days prior to the judging. A.R.B.A guidelines will be used to judge meat pens, EXCEPT missing toenails….this will not be a DQ.
4. As the pens are checked in and weighed on Wednesday, October 25, 2017 from 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 a.m. they will be given an ear/pen number. All rabbits that will not be shown (extras or disqualified entries), must be removed from inside the show grounds (fenced area) by 8:15 a.m.
5. Exhibitors must furnish feed and water containers AS WELL AS PENS for their entries. HARVEST FESTIVAL WILL NOT HAVE PENS OUT FOR EXHIBITORS
6. Exhibitors may enter no more than 2 meat pens.
7. Only one rabbit entry per exhibitor may be sold at the auction.
8. The exhibitor or a representative must be present to place rabbits on the table for judging. If the meat pen is not brought to the table after being called it will not be judged.
9. Live rabbits are sold at the auction and the exhibitor whose name appears on the entry form must be there to take their rabbits through the auction. Rabbit pens are taken down after rabbit show and removed.
10. All rabbits will be released after the judging. It will be the responsibility of the exhibitor if he/she makes the sale to get rabbits to the sale. Any rabbits left after 6:00 pm the day of the show become property of the Harvest Festival. When you sign the entry form, the exhibitor agrees to this.
11. Any exhibitor ineligible to sell at auction is also ineligible to show.
12. ONLY 50 PENS WILL BE KEPT FOR THE FINAL JUDGING. WE WILL GO THROUGH A SIFTING PROCESS, AND WILL SIFT ALL BUT 50 PENS OF RABBITS. IF YOU ARE SIFTED YOU WILL REQUIRED TO REMOVE YOUR RABBITS FROM THE SHOW AREA IMMEDIATELY.
13. All harvest festival rabbits will be tattooed by the rabbit validation committee, at the set validation time and place.
MEAT PEN DIVISION
1. Meat pens shall consist of three rabbits, all of the same breed and variety. Broken meat pens must also be of the same variety. A meat pen does not have to come from the same litter.
2. Meat pen rabbits should not be over 12 weeks old.
3.WEIGH IN: At weigh in each rabbit will be weighed individually as per ARBA rules. Minimum weight is 3.5 LBS., maximum weight is 5.5 lbs. (Tolerance of 1 oz. is allowed-rabbits weighing more than 5 lb. 9oz. or under 3 lb. 7 oz. are disqualified.)
POINT SCHEDULE FOR JUDGING MEAT PENS
Meat Type – 40 points
Condition of Flesh – 30 points
Uniformity of Body and Weight – 20 points
Fur – 10 points
Total – 100 points
SCHEDULE OF AWARDS:
PLACING – RIBBONS
GRAND CHAMPION – TROPHY BUCKLE
RESERVE CHAMPION – TROPHY BUCKLE