MARKET LAMB RULES 2021
Entry Fee $20.00
SUPERINTENDENT: KOREN HELLERICH
ASST. SUPERINTENDENT: ANDREA SHAFER
Download using the PDF icon at the top of the page
1. All entries in this division are subject to the general rules and regulations published in this catalog, as well as subject to the following special rules.
2. Exhibitors will be limited to two (2) entries (can validate as many as they want). All lambs must have been owned and personally cared for by the exhibitor from August 1, 2021. This must be certified by the County Agent or Vo-Ag Instructor on the entry form. Lambs will be tattooed, and/or nose printed and ear tagged on the set Harvest Festival validation date. The validation date will be set by the Board of Directors. Lamb validation is scheduled for Monday, August 2, 2021 at the Longview Fairgrounds from 7am-11am.
3. Wethers and ewes are eligible to show. Males must be castrated by validation.
4. Lambs will be divided into classes according to weight. Lambs will be weighed under the direction of the Lamb Superintendent, beginning at 6:00 p.m. Wednesday, October 27, 2021. Lambs will be sifted at the weigh in. Minimum weight will be eighty (80) pounds with a three (3) pound tolerance; there will be no upper weight limit. Once an animal receives an official legal weight, they cannot be re-weighed.
5. At weigh-in for lambs, individual tube/sock covering, standard halter/collar, and minimal leg wrap is acceptable. NO blankets, heavy chain/rope, or any additional items may be on the lamb at weigh-in.
6. The Harvest Festival and Livestock Show will not be responsible for selling non-sale or sifted lambs.
7. All lambs must be shown in short fleece.
8. Lambs will be judged for sale order immediately after the judging of the lambs and all lambs selected must sell.
9. ALL EXHIBITORS MUST CLEAN THEIR STALL AND PEN AREAS AND REFUSE DEPOSITED AT DESIGNATED AREAS BEFORE BEING RELEASED…FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL CAUSE FORFEITURE OF AWARDS.
10. Showmanship: To participate in the Showmanship Class the animal must be owned by the exhibitor and shown in the regular show prior to Showmanship Class. Showmanship will be divided into three divisions: Junior 8-11 years, Intermediate 12-14 years, and Senior 15 & Up. These classes will receive trophy buckles.
SCHEDULE OF AWARDS:
PLACING – RIBBONS
GRAND CHAMPION – TROPHY BUCKLE
RESERVE CHAMPION – TROPHY BUCKLE