MARKET LAMB RULES 2017
Entry Fee $15.00
SUPERINTENDENT: BOBBY CAMPBELL
ASST. SUPERINTENDENT: CRICKEY SWISHER
JUDGE: JEFF RIPLEY
1. All entries in this division are subject to the general rules and regulations published in this catalog, as well as subject to the following special rules.
2. Exhibitors will be limited to 2 entries (can validate as many as they want). All lambs must have been owned and personally cared for by the exhibitor from August 1. This must be certified by the County Agent or Vo-Ag Instructor on the entry card. Lambs will be tattooed, and/or nose printed and ear tagged on the set Harvest Festival validation date. The validation date will be set by the Board of Directors.
3. To be eligible for show, lambs must have milk teeth still in use.
4. Lambs will be divided into classes according to weight. Lambs will be weighed under the direction of the Lamb Superintendent, beginning at 6:00 p.m., October 26, 2016. Lambs will be sifted at the weigh in. Minimum weight will be eighty (80) pounds; there will be no upper weight limit.
5. The Harvest Festival and Livestock Show will not be responsible for selling non-sale or sifted lambs.
6. All lambs must be shown in short fleece.
7. Lambs will be judged for sale order immediately after the judging of the lambs and all lambs selected must sell.
8. ALL EXHIBITORS MUST CLEAN THEIR STALL AND PEN AREAS AND REFUSE DEPOSITED AT DESIGNATED AREAS BEFORE BEING RELEASED…FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL CAUSE FORFEITURE OF AWARDS.
9. Showmanship: To participate in the Showmanship Class the animal must be owned by the exhibitor and shown in the regular show prior to Showmanship Class. Showmanship will be divided into three divisions: Junior 8-11 yrs, Intermediate 12-14 years, and Senior 15 & Up. These classes will receive trophies only.
10. All lambs must be castrated by validation date by banding or removing the testicles… no burdizzo.
SCHEDULE OF AWARDS:
PLACING – RIBBONS
GRAND CHAMPION – TROPHY BUCKLE
RESERVE CHAMPION – TROPHY BUCKLE