MARKET LAMB RULES 2023
Entry Fee $30.00
SUPERINTENDENT: ANDREA SHAFER
ASST. SUPERINTENDENT: MAURISIO ELIZONDO
Download using the PDF icon at the top of the page
- All entries in this division are subject to the general rules and regulations published on this website, as well as subject to the following special rules.
- Exhibitors will be limited to two (2) entries (can validate as many as they want). All lambs must have been owned and personally cared for by the exhibitor from July 31, 2023. This must be certified by the CEA/AST on the entry form. Lambs will be tattooed and ear tagged on the set Harvest Festival validation date. The validation date will be set by the Board of Directors. Lamb validation is scheduled for Monday, July 31, 2023 at the Hallsville Ag Farm on Galilee Rd from 7am-11am.
- Wethers and ewes are eligible to show. Males must be castrated by validation.
- Lambs will be divided into classes according to weight. Lambs will be weighed under the direction of the Lamb Superintendent, beginning at 6:00 p.m. Wednesday, October 25, 2023. Minimum weight will be eighty (80) pounds with a three (3) pound tolerance; there will be no upper weight limit. Once an animal receives an official legal weight, they cannot be re-weighed.
- At weigh-in for lambs, only minimal leg wraps and a standard lamb halter is acceptable. NO blankets, tube sock (body covering of any kind), large chain/rope, or any additional items may be on the lamb’s body at weigh-in.
- The Harvest Festival and Livestock Show will not be responsible for selling non-sale or sifted lambs.
- All lambs must be shown in short fleece.
- Lambs will be judged for sale order immediately after the judging of the lambs and all lambs selected must sell.
- ALL EXHIBITORS MUST CLEAN THEIR STALL AND PEN AREAS AND REFUSE DEPOSITED AT DESIGNATED AREAS BEFORE BEING RELEASED…FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL CAUSE FORFEITURE OF AWARDS.
- Showmanship: To participate in the Showmanship Class the animal must be owned by the exhibitor and shown in the regular show. Showmanship will be divided into three divisions: Junior 8-11 years, Intermediate 12-14 years, and Senior 15 & Up. These classes will receive trophy buckles.
SCHEDULE OF AWARDS:
PLACING – RIBBONS
GRAND CHAMPION – TROPHY BUCKLE
RESERVE CHAMPION – TROPHY BUCKLE