MARKET GOAT RULES 2017
Entry Fee $15.00
SUPERINTENDENT: JACK DILLARD
ASST. SUPERINTENDENT: CRICKEY SWISHER
JUDGE: JEFF RIPLEY
- All general rules will apply.
- Exhibitors limited to 2 entries (can validate as many as they want). All goats must have been owned and personally cared for by the exhibitor from August 1, 2016. This must be certified by the County Agent or Vo. Ag. Instructor on the entry card. Goats will be tattooed and ear tagged on the set Harvest Festival validation date. The validation date will be set by the Board of Directors.
- Wethers or Does are eligible; no Bucks.
- Any goat with horns – horns must be tipped with ends not smaller than a dime at time of weigh in.
- Goats will be divided into classes by weight as determined by the Superintendent. Goats shall weigh a minimum of (60) pounds with a tolerance of (3) pounds.
- Grand and Reserve Champions will be selected from the winners of each class.
- Showmanship: To participate in the Showmanship Class the animal must be owned by the exhibitor and shown in the regular show prior to Showmanship Class. Showmanship will be divided into three divisions: Junior 8-11 years, Intermediate 12-14 years, and Senior 15 & Up. These classes will receive trophies only.
- All goats must be castrated by validation date.