MARKET GOAT RULES 2023
Entry Fee $30.00
SUPERINTENDENT: EMILY ROGERS
ASST. SUPERINTENDENT: WENDY HUNT
Download using the PDF icon at the top of the page
- All general rules will apply.
- Exhibitors limited to 2 entries (can validate as many as they want). All goats must have been owned and personally cared for by the exhibitor from July 31, 2023. This must be certified by the CEA/AST on the entry form. Goats will be tattooed and ear tagged on the scheduled Harvest Festival validation date. The validation date will be set by the Board of Directors. Goat validation is scheduled for Monday, July 31, 2023 at the Hallsville Ag Farm on Galilee Rd from 7am-11am.
- Wethers or Does are eligible. Males must be castrated by validation.
- Any goat with horns – horns must be tipped with ends not smaller than a dime at time of weigh in.
- Goats will be divided into classes by weight as determined by the Superintendent. Goats shall weigh a minimum of (60) pounds with a tolerance of (3) pounds; there will be no upper weight limit. Once an animal receives an official legal weight, they cannot be re-weighed.
- At weigh-in for goats, only minimal leg wraps and a standard halter/collar is acceptable. NO blankets, tube sock (body covering of any kind), large chain/rope, or any additional items may be on the goat’s body at weigh-in.
- Goats will be judged for sale order immediately following the selection of Grand & Reserve Champion goat and all goats selected must sell.
- Showmanship: To participate in the Showmanship Class the animal must be owned by the exhibitor and shown in the regular show. Showmanship will be divided into three divisions: Junior 8-11 years, Intermediate 12-14 years, and Senior 15 & Up. These classes will receive trophy buckles.
SCHEDULE OF AWARDS:
PLACING – RIBBONS
GRAND CHAMPION – TROPHY BUCKLE
RESERVE CHAMPION – TROPHY BUCKLE