MARKET GOAT RULES 2018
Entry Fee $20.00
SUPERINTENDENT: BOBBY CAMPBELL
ASST. SUPERINTENDENT: CRICKEY SWISHER
Download using the PDF icon at the top of the page
- All general rules will apply.
- Exhibitors limited to 2 entries (can validate as many as they want). All goats must have been owned and personally cared for by the exhibitor from August 1, 2018. This must be certified by the County Agent or Vo. Ag. Instructor on the entry card. Goats will be tattooed and ear tagged on the set Harvest Festival validation date. The validation date will be set by the Board of Directors. Goat validation is scheduled for Monday, August 6, 2018 at the Longview Fairgrounds from 7am-11am.
- Wethers or Does are eligible. Males must be castrated by validation.
- Any goat with horns – horns must be tipped with ends not smaller than a dime at time of weigh in.
- Goats will be divided into classes by weight as determined by the Superintendent. Goats shall weigh a minimum of (60) pounds with a tolerance of (3) pounds; there will be no upper weight limit.
- At weigh-in for goats, individual tube/sock covering, standard halter/collar, and minimal leg wrap is acceptable. NO blankets, heavy chain/rope, or any additional items may be on the goat at weigh-in.
- Grand and Reserve Champions will be selected from the winners of each class.
- Showmanship: To participate in the Showmanship Class the animal must be owned by the exhibitor and shown in the regular show prior to Showmanship Class. Showmanship will be divided into three divisions: Junior 8-11 years, Intermediate 12-14 years, and Senior 15 & Up. These classes will receive trophy buckles.
- All goats must be castrated by validation date.