MARKET GOAT SHOW
Entry Fee $15.00
SUPERINTENDENT: JACK DILLARD
ASST. SUPERINTENDENT: CRICKEY SWISHER
1. All general rules will apply.
2. Exhibitors limited to 2 entries (can validate as many as they want). All goats must have been owned and personally cared for by the exhibitor from August 1, 2016. This must be certified by the County Agent or Vo. Ag. Instructor on the entry card. Goats will be tattooed and ear tagged on the set Harvest Festival validation date. The validation date will be set by the Board of Directors.
3. Wethers or Does are eligible; no Bucks.
4. Any goat with horns more than 1 inch long will not be allowed to weigh-in and will be ineligible to show.
5. Goats will be divided into classes by weight as determined by the Superintendent. Goats shall weigh a minimum of 60 pounds with a tolerance of 3 pounds.
6. Grand and Reserve Champions will be selected from the winners of each class.
7. Showmanship: To participate in the Showmanship Class the animal must be owned by the exhibitor and shown in the regular show prior to Showmanship Class. Showmanship will be divided into three divisions: Junior 8-11 yrs, Intermediate 12-14 years, and Senior 15 & Up. These classes will receive trophies only.
8. All goats must be castrated by validation date by banding or removing the testicles… no burdizzo.